Where Love and Learning
Go Hand In Hand
Choosing the right childcare and education for your child is an important decision. Every parent wants their child to have the best opportunities in education and care to help them reach their full potential, and to enjoy a successful future in our community.
It Takes Big Hearts
To Shape Little Minds
Chelsea House Raumati is committed to employing trained and skilled educators. Our staff are passionate about providing a quality early childhood experience at our childcare centre, for all children in their care.
We do this by:
- Valuing the child as an individual within the context of their family and community;
- Ensuring children feel safe, secure and trusting of the people and surroundings of Chelsea House;
- Supporting parents/whanau in their role as primary caregivers and sharing information of benefit regarding the development of their child;
- Embracing the Early Childhood Curriculum – Te Whaariki;
- Valuing play as a medium for all aspects of development and learning;
- Valuing a bicultural curriculum and supporting the culture of the Whānau;
- Celebrating the multicultural diversity of our families.
Transition times for children require a sense of belonging, especially very young children. You may be retuning to work, moving into our area or joining us from another Centre. Children can feel very unsettled and overwhelmed by these changes, the staff at Chelsea House are very aware of this, providing extra support within an environment that is relaxed, comfortable and caring.
Parents are welcome to spend as much time with their children as they wish. Often this is the first time of separation from parents and we encourage parents to visit to ensure that children are familiar with the Centre and the staff. The children benefit from your presence and this also enables you to become familiar with our routines and get to know the staff that your child/children will be with.
You are welcome to phone the Centre anytime to discuss your child’s needs your input is always welcome.
Everything We Do Is AboutChildren And Families
Our Mission Statement
Inspiring Young Imaginations
How often do you get to see a princess a tiger and spiderman all involved in making a big tray of Anzac biscuits? We are lucky to be able to share these glimpses into the creative minds of young children daily through observing and supporting this important area of learning at Chelsea House.
The imaginative world of a child is an important aspect of child development that promotes critical thinking and information gathering to enable the child to generate new and exciting ideas.
We encourage role playing, dramatic play and the creative use of materials through planned theme days and daily extension activities to support the child’s attempts to make sense of their world through imaginative play activities.